View Single Post
Old 12-08-2012, 3:30 PM
short bus driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassNut View Post
So now I take it that I can buy it, give it to my Mom, his grandma, and then she can give it to him. Problem solved.
However, your mom may like the shotgun so much that she can keep it for herself, since you gifted it to her and not your nephew.
If the gift is intend for your nephew, then gifting it this way would violate CA laws. [PC 27515]
So, gift is for your mom and not for your nephew.

Penal Code 27515
No person, corporation, or dealer shall sell, loan, or transfer a firearm to anyone whom the person, corporation, or dealer knows or has cause to believe is not the actual purchaser or transferee of the firearm, or to anyone who is not the one actually being loaned the firearm, if the person, corporation, or dealer has either of the following:
(a) Knowledge that the firearm is to be subsequently sold, loaned, or transferred to avoid the provisions of Section 27540 or 27545.
(b) Knowledge that the firearm is to be subsequently sold, loaned, or transferred to avoid the requirements of any exemption to the provisions of Section 27540 or 27545.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

Last edited by Quiet; 12-08-2012 at 3:33 PM..