View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 12:19 PM
Internet Folk Hero
CGN Contributor

Upon further reflection...

Something that encouraged me quite a bit during the oral arguments was that it wasn't what I expected.

I didn't expect the seats to be that uncomfortable... as a recovering catholic, I haven't sat in pews for quite a while.
I didn't expect the courthouse to be so beautiful inside! How the heck all that marble survives earthquakes, I have no idea.
I didn't expect the lawyers from the opposition to be quite so out of touch with reality. I was expecting hair-splitting and super fine points... not such general stupidity.
I didn't expect the Judges to be so actively attentive. Call me a pessimist, but I kind of expected them to sort of half-listen to the arguments, like I do when I'm in an all-hands meeting at work. They were very actively engaged, asking good pointed questions, and issuing a handful of smack-downs.
I didn't expect to be able to get to the courthouse from Santa Clara in 50 minutes flat... but getting there early meant being able to get a seat inside.

All in all, a great experience to see history's steps as they are happening.

Originally Posted by aklon View Post
The inevitable explosion gets closer and closer, coming in little steps, but closer every day.
I say: "Let's do it and get it over with."