View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron-Solo View Post
When the budget gets tight, in service training is one of the first things to get cut by the administration.
funny how that happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillCA View Post
That's why, if you look at the Taurus' seats, they look flat compared to seats in other sedans. Generally speaking, a LEO's belt in the 3-to-9 o'clock position has all sorts of crap. Gun & baton/radio at 3 & 9 o'clock, handcuffs behind, maybe OC/Mace spray, latex glove carrier... the list goes on.
I always scope out the belt of the cops in my area. they seem like freakin batman with all the stuff they pack. I spend a bit of time in a starbucks right off the freeway in downtown sacto and Im always looking to see what they are packing. most carry a collapsible baton now but it wakes me think how in the hell the cops handled that big ole beater baton in the past.
being a cop looks tough and that isnt taking into account all the crazy people that have to be dealt with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by code33 View Post
This complicates things too much. Officers will be on auto-pilot in a high stress situation and automatically use the non-alert code since it would be regularly used.
good point. code input could be a troublesome ordeal.