View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 1:48 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Location: Northern Mexico(San Jose) Where illegals have rights and citizens get screwed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kf6tac View Post
The main downside I could see coming of this is if the "new" VA decides not to continue with SSEs once they get everything up and running. The "old" VA had some of the best SSE selection/capability in the area.
When I was working full time at the Milpitas shop that was my job. Figuring out how to do the conversions, making the parts that couldn't be bought and custom fabricating mag locks for guns that there were none avaliable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbogert View Post
Finally got the call from Paul. I had a 1911 Gov. Series 70 shipped to them for the SSE, did the DROS on 11/21 for pickup on 12/1. They can't finish any SSE at this point- I requested they transfer to MadDog Tactical

In my case because the DROS was sent to DOJ (or whoever), Paul has to first cancel it w/DOJ before the DROS can restart at Mad Dog Tactical. He has to figure out how to do that, so it's kind of an unknown on how long it will take at this point. He said he is personally delivering firearms to MadDog by weeks end for customers that have requested going that route, so some of you may be able to restart the DROS this week, unless yours has been sent to DOJ. Looking like it may be a few weeks before this headache sorts itself out for me and at least 3 trips to the South Bay...

For those of you still waiting to get a call, I emailed late 12/3 to the address on their site, to the refunds.valkyriearms@gmail.com on 12/4 @ 13:00 and 12/5 @ 10:30. He's working through the list, but I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't worried for a bit.

Best of luck
What you should have done was see if you can rent the barrel from Mad Dog since your DROS was already done at VA. All they would need to do is drop in the barrel, install a blocked mag, and swap the mag catch. It takes all of 2 minutes to do.

I'm glad to hear everyone is getting their money back. It sucks to see what has happened to Valkyrie, I used to proudly wear my shirts and hand out my cards to everyone.
Hasn't been like that for months for me.
The others, well......they just never learn.

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give Me Liberty, Or Give Me Death!"
Patrick Henry.