View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:32 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Merc1138 are you a military or law enforcement "sniper"? Are you a competitive shooter?

I'm just curious, what kind of shooting do you do, because you seem to know clearly what differentiates one shooter from another.
So much fail in one post...

No, I am not. I'm also not a horse trainer, and I can tell the difference between a horse and a zebra. Because of my amazingly mediocre powers of observation, I have been able to determine that the gentlemen in the pictures you posted are not sniping. Instead of sniping, they are shooting in matches. As I said, it is entirely possible that the people in the pictures you posted are indeed snipers, it's just that they're shooting in a competition in the pictures you posted.

Originally Posted by Merc1138 View Post
I'd call them "people shooting in a match who may happen to also be snipers, but are not "sniping" in those matches". Just because you're shooting in a match form various positions, does not make you a "sniper".
Now maybe you can't spot the obvious giveaways in the first image of the Army Staff Sgt. you posted(did you not read the URL as you were pasting it? Heck, he even has a US Army sticker or some sort of logo clearly visible on the mag well, with another kind of obscured on the back of his hat), however I'm pretty sure that a shooting jacket, shooting glove, and m1907 sling, and stainless barrels on an m16 are not currently issued equipment for folks in combat. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that I'm not.