View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
Look all I know is this directly impacts my life. I was born and raised in San Diego but that's not really the point. My Uncles and cousins have been paying N.R.A. dues for most there lives. So I figure when you guys are taking money from my kin, your going to use it right. Look brother I looked at your profile and sounds like your doing alright for yourself up there in Long
Beach. I'm sure you can argue about this all day. I will tell you this though. This stuff directly impacts my life. I had to drop several of my grappling clients so I could sit in front of a computer losing money largely in part because of this issue past few days. That's money out of my pocket. In ain't right that your taking money admittedly indirectly from my family, agree to do a job, then fail to do part of it. That wastes my time and more importantly that wastes Paul Clements time. Are you going to tell me you hired got Paul Clement up there talking for no reason? Why didn't you waive your oral argument like Mr. Bircht did then? Just retain Paul Clement and apply for cert if your only reason for grabbing hm is to help get a writ through if need be.Come on man. Maybe a regular guy isn't going to sway a court but a guy like Paul Clement. Damn right he can. Now instead of 20 minutes of some of the best oratory in the world being applied to con law he is going to spend half that time talking about some letter that should of been sent years ago. And don't tell me its some tactical deal. What happened is you guys amended you complaint and forgot the case originally was about striking down the law.
"You guys"? Clue all of us in here.

Quote:
Look I am not trying to get into this fight between your groups. Other than Adam Richards who's my bro from college I've never broken bread with any of you. On the other hand, it ain't right for anyone to criticize Neuharth about this. This hasn't been his case for a long time now. I don't know the history as well as most of you guys but for all we know he would have eventually given the state notice. And it certainly ain't right to judge Mr. Peruta. He is not running the show. Look if I am misinterpreting that logo and you just posting on the internet I am sorry. Sounds like everyone involved has made mistakes. Point is you should own up to them instead of trying to use some fancy talk to spin it.
I disagree. Peruta was directly running the show for the first 4 or 5 months of the litigation, and refused to wait up for the Sykes litigation to finish up. He just had to file a lawsuit™.

Neuharth, not letting him off the hook, even though it appears he never did federal civil rights litigation ever in this particular context.

Last edited by Gray Peterson; 12-03-2012 at 12:10 AM..