View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 7:05 PM
CGSSA Coordinator

Originally Posted by CrippledPidgeon View Post
Actually, our (meaning American... not my) forefathers waged war on these shores with British Brown Bess muskets.
And French Lots of those on both sides of the Civil War too.

Originally Posted by CrippledPidgeon View Post
But as to firearm production being outsourced, I suppose that yes, it does take something away from the nostalgic value of the rifle. Does that make the quality of the rifle any worse? Of course not.

Almost everything nowadays (domestic or imported) see very little by way of hand fitting anymore. Look at the price of a Les Baer or Ed Brown in comparison to a Springfield Armory or Kimber. You're paying for that extra work.

If Miroku (or Winchester) were to put that much work into each one of their rifles, you'd be looking at similar pricing for their rifles.

Absolutely. FNH make's Winchester's autos, the pumps are made in Turkey, and their O/Us are/were made by Miroku. Their rifles are also made in both Turkey and Japan. I don't know what Winchester actually manufactures anymore.

If the OP wants something made by Winchester in the U.S., he's got to be looking at something vintage.
Exactly. I understand the nostalgia factor, and in that case, look at older firearms. But quality-wise, there is nothing wrong with Miroku-made firearms.
WTB: French & Finnish firearms. WTS: raw honey, tumbled .45 ACP brass, stupid cat.

Last edited by a1c; 12-02-2012 at 7:38 PM..