View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 7:12 AM

I'm giving serious thought to purchasing a Thureon Defense carbine after the holidays. I exchanged emails with them, and the bad news is that they must install a bullet button to ship them to a Calif. FFL. The good news is that you can order one to fit various popular pistol magazines.....I'll probably order mine to fit Glock mags since I have a Glock 17.

Going featureless, I'm really drawn towards the Benelli MR1 Comfortech. No bullet button. Comes only in .223 (and good for 5.56 I believe), so it does not belong in this discussion about pistol caliber carbines. I handled one in a store a few weeks ago and really found it appealing. But on the other hand I don't "need" it!

I have to wonder why there aren't more carbine products out there in pistol calibers....maybe there are in other states.

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)

Last edited by Go Navy; 12-02-2012 at 7:26 AM.. Reason: Corrected "M1" to MR1