View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 7:12 AM

I'm giving serious thought to purchasing a Thureon Defense carbine after the holidays. I exchanged emails with them, and the bad news is that they must install a bullet button to ship them to a Calif. FFL. The good news is that you can order one to fit various popular pistol magazines.....I'll probably order mine to fit Glock mags since I have a Glock 17.

Going featureless, I'm really drawn towards the Benelli MR1 Comfortech. No bullet button. Comes only in .223 (and good for 5.56 I believe), so it does not belong in this discussion about pistol caliber carbines. I handled one in a store a few weeks ago and really found it appealing. But on the other hand I don't "need" it!

I have to wonder why there aren't more carbine products out there in pistol calibers....maybe there are in other states.
USN Veteran, Gun Owners of Calif. Member, NRA Life Member

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We’ll preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we’ll sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness. ” (Ronald Reagan, 1964)

Last edited by Go Navy; 12-02-2012 at 7:26 AM.. Reason: Corrected "M1" to MR1