View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 6:35 AM

Default Sometimes a taste is all you need

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerparkTrash View Post
I respectfully disagree with the thing about comparing a reserve to a full time "regular" officer/deputy. It's NOT the same thing.
I pretty much tried to convey that message with most of the post I've written here. But I can't help but think that having a Father that was full time for many, paired with being a Reserve Officer for over 17 years myself, gives me "some" insight to what it must being a full time officer.

I've working as a Reserve 5 days this week alone, one of my assignments is considered the most violent (busy, pain the as is a better choice) assignments in our City; currently working there twice a week until who knows when. I feel I can stretch and imagine what it could be like to be a full time officer and admittedly partly because of that, I'm glad I'm not.

I'll add this: About 10 year ago, I had went on patrol twice in one week, both of those days I had handled a dead body call, both bodies were in the restrooms of businesses that were open and had lots of customers coming and going during my investigation. I was glad I didn't have to come back the next day, very glad.

Triple

Last edited by TripleThreat; 12-02-2012 at 10:22 AM..