Thread: CZ452 vs CZ455
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 6:36 AM
CGSSA Rimfire Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinofsleep View Post
Great looking rifle, I like it. Your setup looks pretty close to what I'd want.

And yes, the 455 has interchangeable barrels.

Some more questions if you don't mind:
- This is subjective, but how does the rifle balance with such a long barrel? I don't plan on shooting silhouette/competition so I'd take balance and ease of use during a long session over the benefits of that great sight radius.
- Does the Yodave kit just cut some of the slack/creep out while lightening the pull or does it change the trigger pull all together (ie say to something 1911 like, glock like, etc etc)?
- Typical group (at w/e distance you normally shoot at with w/e ammo it likes best)?
- Is the "inside" of the front sight a clear plastic circle with a hole in the middle? If so, how do you like it compared to other aperture sights you may have used?

General rimfire question:
- Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe 22lr doesn't get much velocity wise past a 14" barrel. Does it begin to lose performance at 28"+ vs say 24" or 20"?
The rifle has great balance, especially with the original stock. Balance is not quite as good with the stock I have but I changed the stock for benchrest shooting. Works much better on a rest and is more accurate than with the original stock. If using for hunting or offhand shooting I would stick with the original stock.

The YoDave kit eliminates all creep and allows for a lighter trigger pull. It comes with a variety of shims (for creep) and springs for weight of pull. Easy to install.

Typical groups with SK Std + subsonic ammo :

50 yds from a benchrest position. These two groups measure under 1/2"

25yds from a benchrest position, same ammo.

I use the clear plastic apertures in the front, works fine for me and I prefer them to the black metal apertures. I also have an adjustable rear aperture (no magnification) which helped accuracy.

I chronographed some high velocity (1260fps) ammo out of this rifle to see what velocity loss may be present. Average velocity was 1230fps for 10 rounds. No biggee. I bought the rifle for the long sight radius as accuracy was more important to me than bullet velocity.