View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 2:36 PM

That is an interesting one. As far as property goes, when the item is sent, it belongs to the receiver. So if a dealer tried to report you to the ATF and demand you return something that you received, tell them to pound sand (I know this from experience).

However, what happens when you never receive it? Well for insurance reasons and credit card charge backs, it is not received until the shipper can show it was delivered.

I would probably ask the sender to report it stolen with the ATF since you never received it, how can you put it in your A&D? However, I would probably cooperate with the sender and see about filing a local report about it too.

When it boils down to it unless the sending FFL can prove it was signed and delivered, it isn't your responsibility. And as the sender, it isn't their fault so legally they just call the ATF and let them know. The crappy part is insurance and covering the loss.
For superior customer service and good prices visit We are Kern County's leader in black rifle sales.

The Calguns Foundation - Board Member. DONATE NOW! Your dollars go DIRECTLY to front-line legal activism in CA.
Opinions posted in this account are my own and not the approved position of The Calguns Foundation