View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 1:44 PM

Originally Posted by A Fatal Err View Post
You should probably read what I write more carefully. I did state that you would need a DWP (Dangerous Weapons Permit if you couldn't figure that out) but he stated that he is already in the Military so in order to get an Assault Weapons Permit it really is not that hard as long as he is bringing in a gun that is allowed from his home state. If he is going to bring a machine gun he has to have the DWP. Plus who is playing barracks lawyer? My state of residence is Illinois. Have I brought my own AR with evil features and no bullet button to California? Yes. Have I filled out the AWP, Yes. Is it 100% legal, yes. But no I do not keep my weapons on base because I would have to keep them in the Armory which is stupid. I keep them at my house in CA. But do I have friends who keep their weapons in the armory, Yes I do.

How long have you been stationed here? Are you in Camp Pendleton? I was the first Marine to attempt a registry of a Semi-Automatic AW here after the rule change requiring the Base Commanders letter. You are misinformed on CamPen BO 5000.2k-2l and the like by even mentioning that upon registry a SA AW would have to be stored in the base armory. The problem is that you are speaking without fully knowing what you are talking about, and that is DANGEROUS. Other Jr. Marines could read this thread and be misinformed, which in turn could be a detriment to their legal well-being.

MATT is 100% correct. The current base admin will not sign off on a letter that states "A bona fide necessity exists for the use of personally owned assault weapons in sanctioned military activities". To insinuate that they would even consider a FA weapon is completely false. Go talk to base legal, then base PMO on mainside.

When I have more time I could post the base orders on weapons. I consider myself well-versed on firearms issues, as I am also a CCW and weapons instructor for Marines here on base. I also teach CA compliance IAW the Fed, state and local laws.

Librarian, Kestryll, or one of the Calguns veterans is likely to thrash you for posting such nonsense.
"I must study politics and war, that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." - John Adams