View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Novator View Post
Under federal constuctive possesion laws even the parts required for FA weapons are themselves considered "machine guns." Though I don't know exactly, I can't imagine CA law being less restrictive.

Again, completely wrong. Machine guns are not even "Assault Weapons" in CA they are "Dangerous Weapons" that require a permit that is impossible to get as a private citizen.

As has already been stated the military provision for personal "Assault Weapons" has been so drastically changed that it is basically impossible to get the permit as no base CO would take responsability for your actions with your weapons.
You should probably read what I write more carefully. I did state that you would need a DWP (Dangerous Weapons Permit if you couldn't figure that out) but he stated that he is already in the Military so in order to get an Assault Weapons Permit it really is not that hard as long as he is bringing in a gun that is allowed from his home state. If he is going to bring a machine gun he has to have the DWP. Plus who is playing barracks lawyer? My state of residence is Illinois. Have I brought my own AR with evil features and no bullet button to California? Yes. Have I filled out the AWP, Yes. Is it 100% legal, yes. But no I do not keep my weapons on base because I would have to keep them in the Armory which is stupid. I keep them at my house in CA. But do I have friends who keep their weapons in the armory, Yes I do.