View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 5:46 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by romadant View Post
I know this post is a couple weeks old but I want to add something in case people look it up later.

It's just my opinion, and you can tell me to shove it, but I think you or anyone considering a cantilever mount should save a little more and go for a USA made QD model. If you have the time to be patient you can pick up a used LaRue or Bobro in the $150-170 range or an ADM for as little as $135 or so.

You might not think you need the QD now, but if you do in the future end up with another AR you will enjoy being able to swap optics between the two.

My favorite is the Bobro - amazing build quality, innovative design, and made in CA. What more can you ask for? I've seen a handful of them go recently for around $150 in slightly used condition on forums.
QD might be great if you need to take off your scope when you case it but I just get a bigger case and don't worry about my fixed mount losing zero.

For US made, RRA makes a cantilever mount but it's maybe a bit on the high side, Dednutz makes the Freedom Reaper in several flavors and I just bought a PRI riser rail to use with some Warne low rings, I think that's about as solid as you can get. Those are all cheaper than the QD options you mention and not that much more than the PEPR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.