View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 7:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohoki View Post
how many glock 17s do you have in stock it would be good if it was a different one

like the bafte says "know your customer"

if it smells fishy don't risk you lively hood tell them to go to a specific competitor politely and explain you are not comfortable doing buisness with them
Thanks for the reply bohoki,

As I mentioned, this is a guy I work with, he is actually someone I consider to be a pretty good friend. I have worked with him for the past 2 years now, and I know this is not going to be a straw purchase. The gun was originally intended to be for the girlfriends personal protection while her man is at work, sometimes until 4 or 5 in the morning. His idea was he would buy this gun, get her comfortable shooting it, and it would be their home defense firearm.

They live together, and are engaged to be married. If she comes in and buys any other gun, it is going to be where he can have access to it no matter what gun they choose. Their plan was to get this gun, get her trained and comfortable with it, and then buy a rifle next, or perhaps a shotgun.

I have been nurturing this guy for several months leading up to this, and was very clear with him when I asked him if he had a clean history. He did not think that his nearly 10 year old fight was going to be an issue. He was 18 then, he is 28 now.

I will call the BATFE tomorrow and get their take on it, but was hoping I could get some clarity here as well....

Thoughts ?