View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 5:47 AM
Quiet's Avatar
Quiet Quiet is offline
retired Goon
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Bernardino County
Posts: 22,665
iTrader: 10 / 100%

Originally Posted by Tripper View Post
Only 1 more year to buy C&R FTF?

Starting 01-01-2014, only a C&R FFL with a COE can conduct "cash & carry" type transfers of C&R long guns.
Everyone else will no longer be exempt and will need to conduct transfers of 50+ year old long guns through CA FFL dealers.

Penal Code 27966
Commencing January 1, 2014, if all of the following requirements are satisfied, Section 27545 shall not apply to the sale, loan, or transfer of a firearm:
(a) The sale, loan, or transfer is infrequent, as defined in Section 16730.
(b) The firearm is not a handgun.
(c) The firearm is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations, or its successor.
(d) The person receiving the firearm has a current certificate of eligibility issued pursuant to Section 26710.
(e) The person receiving the firearm is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued thereto.
(f) Within 30 days of taking possession of the firearm, the person to whom it is transferred shall forward by prepaid mail, or deliver in person to the Department of Justice, a report that includes information concerning the individual taking possession of the firearm, how title was obtained and from whom, and a description of the firearm in question. The report forms that individuals complete pursuant to this section shall be provided to them by the department.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
Reply With Quote