View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 8:55 PM
Librarian's Avatar
Librarian Librarian is offline
Super Moderator
CGN Contributor - Lifetime
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Concord
Posts: 35,056
iTrader: 4 / 100%
Blog Entries: 6

Originally Posted by scld1354 View Post
Ok, but then it states 'as defined by section 478.11 of the ...' I believe that section of Title 27 CFR states in order to qualify as C&R it has to be 50 years old, unless valued for it's collectibility, or has been approved by the attorney general (?).
So: CA allows FFL-free transfer of the 50-year-old-and older group, and requires the FFL for less than 50 years old - even if it's on the BATF C&R list.

A C&R FFL is an FFL. Inside California, C&R licensees don't need a 'regular' FFL to handle their C&R long gun transfers, 50 years old or not.
Calguns Wiki, Magazine Qs, Knife laws

Sometimes I forget: anything I post relative to CA law is in the light of current law, as of the date of the post.

Ask CA law questions in the How CA Laws Apply to/Affect Me Forum
- most questions that start 'Is it legal ...' go there.

Not a lawyer, just Some Guy On The Interwebs.

Reply With Quote