View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 7:51 PM

Default Shipping Sig 716 into CA and install Bullet Button prior to assembly

I know someone just posted a very similar post but needed some advice asap.
Ok, Im visiting my family here in VA and went to finalize the transfer from one FFL (me) to a local FFL here in my home town for a pistol that my mother purchased from me.
While in the guy's shop I notice a nice Sig 716 in FDE for a decent price and am wanting to buy it. So as a dealer in CA, I make the purchase here in VA and take with me back to CA the lower or upper and then have him ship me the other half. Am I in full compliance as long as I don't assemble the rifle until I have installed a bullet button on it?
Also, this would be the first time I've actually installed a bullet button and it looks easy enough...but is anyone aware of what bullet button is recommended for this rifle and are the bullet buttons the same for the 716/AR10 the same as one for a Sig 516/M4/AR15. If they aren't readily available here in CA I can probably order one from the Sig Pro Shop or directly from Sig. Once the bullet button is installed and the rifle assembled I plan to add it to my personal collection. Are there any problems with this scenario....please advise asap as I am flying back Monday and would need to do this in a day or two. Thanks.
http://www.paladintactical.us