View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 8:22 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantedamean View Post
Interesting, thanks for the info. I knew he was full of sh*t I just was talking in circles with him so I gave up. He had no intention of doing anything and I had no way to force him to. I'll give this a try and see where it gets us.
Thanks again.
Are you a protected person listed on the RO? If not have the "victim" make the report. The previous officer's actions of calling the suspect and the guns then being turned in late completes the elements of the crime of possession in violation of the order. The DA may not file the case but the police do not have the option of not making and or seeking an arrest if probable cause exists.
False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
-- Cesare Beccaria http://www.a-human-right.com/