Thread: Range Date
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
just for clarification:

this is a first date?
she asked you out?
For us, yes. And she did end up asking me out, which I've actually never experienced. It's always been the other way around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by movie zombie View Post
she suggested a range date?
she has a rifle of her very own already?
I always make mention of firearms within the first day or two in case it is a deal breaker. After the words fell from my mouth, she spoke of owning a gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
Quantify her experience.

Shooting at her dad's backyard is not = to shooting IDPA. There's a wide gulf between the two levels of experience. If Comp shooter Jessica Abbate were to ask me out ( ha!) lets just say I wouldn't be worried about HER safety habits, as it were. Once you have a realistic idea of what she's capable of , we'll be able to draw better conclusions on this topic.
She said she's owned the rifle since she turned eighteen. She took interest in her dad's hunting hobbies so he showered her in all kinds of outdoorsy gifts. She mentioned having not gone shooting in years, but that she's aware of basics. I'm not going to try to impress her with my sk1llz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTauron View Post
Here's something I've noticed about women. While they're not motivated by macho BS, they are prone to exaggeration about certain skills,especially if they're around a guy they like. Women are human beings after all ( mystifying behaviors to the contrary being excused) , and as such you must judge her abilities based on what she can do versus what she SAYS she can accomplish. To sort that out, a boring square firing line is quite appropriate. After you've determined that she can keep her hits on a B27 target at 7 yards, then the BLM picnic is a great follow up.
Good idea. There's always a chance she could be totally crazy, too.

Oh, and she voted for Obama.