View Single Post
Old 11-21-2012, 3:03 PM

Originally Posted by tenpercentfirearms View Post
Generally speaking, I don't think your friend built the same quality AR15 for $700 that he would have with $1200. There isn't that much mark up in parts nor complete rifles for that much savings. If he did, he just found awesome deals and that is going to be rare.

In the AR15 world you get what you pay for. Buying substandard guns like the M&P15 Sport vs even a regular M&P15 might matter later when parts start giving out. Buying a Stag, RRA, LMT, or Colt is always a better idea than going bottom feeder.

I would go to a quality AR15 shop and see what they show you. I have many complete rifles and parts for sale so if you came into my shop, I would go over all of your options with you. We could get you out the door for less than $805 for some junk like a DPMS Oracle, we could build you about a $1025 quality rifle with a Stag 2H upper, or we could sell you an LMT CQB for $1800.

I would just urge you to be cautious about buying cheap. You get what you pay for in the AR15 world.

If you are no where near the Bakersfield area, there are good gun shops all over this state that can help you. Here is my FAQ page to help you with the legalities.
Wasn't aware S&W were bottom feeders.

This guy is dead on.vvv
If you buy a good complete upper (from PSA, Aim Surplus, Spikes, BCM, etc) and dont skimp on the lower parts kit and buffer tube kit, you should have a high quality reliable rifle. Everything else like optics, buttstock, and pistol grip all come second.

And the best advice I can give is not take the colt talk too serious. It's just a rifle and not the best one out .
Originally Posted by TeddyBallgame View Post
maybe I'm wrong, but, if a $50.00 investment can help me a bit, i'll just have to go a day without the hookers and blow to cover it
Originally Posted by ir0nclash86 View Post
I would wipe it off for the simple fact of not wanting to get sprayed in the face with it during the first few rounds.
Originally Posted by Ride Madone View Post
It does not matter.An AR is the very best and safest weapon to use for home defence.

Last edited by SocomM4; 11-21-2012 at 3:07 PM..