Thread: Range Date
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2012, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlcwrites View Post
I'd be nervous about going out to somewhere deserted with someone I didn't know well, so a range date would probably be my pick too - but check out the range in question first. Some ranges have a reputation for collecting yahoos with bad attitudes and worse safety habits, and I'd be righteously pissed off if a date took me to one of those. Getting hit on by a**holes would ruin a date; getting shot would ruin it faster.

Personally, a trip to the range followed by a sushi dinner would be my absolute dream date...but that's just me.

Tammy
Sushi happens to be a favorite of ours both. I'll take that into account though; a range does sound like a safer, albeit noisier bet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP View Post
Who determined the destination?
She did.

Quote:
Does she know it is an actual date?
I would hope so, considering she mentioned it.

Quote:
A first date shooting sounds about as ghetto and or hillbilly as you can get. It is pretty difficult to communicate with the noise and hearing protection, so the lack or dialogue may lead to no second date if you don't freak her out with too much zeal for firearms.

To me, this would be a parallel to having a female invite me to a first date at the Louis Vuitton store, so I can buy her a purse.

Noted. A lot of this makes sense. But it was the lady's choice, and I'll honor that. I definitely would have never had the stones to mention a range date unless we'd already been dating. And I understand the parallel completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
The women here have said they think it's fine, assuming the lady in question is a shooter and wants to be there in the first place. And the gentleman in question should not be shocked if she seriously out shoots him. It happens.
My sister and mother are both better shots than I am, and spend less than a third of the time on the range than I do. I have no aversion to the idea that women can be naturally better shots. If anything, that she is a better shot should mean she's a keeper.

Just wanted to get a few covered. I'll respond to the rest once I'm less tired. Also, it turns out her dad's a lifelong hunter and a card carrying NRA Life Member. I'm winning points and I didn't even know it.