The weather started getting ugly a few weeks ago when I started my project. It took a few months of reading about others projects and finding the right tooling for the job. It started last winter when I won a Weatherby Vanguard at our local NRA benefit dinner. It's a $400 rifle so i figured it would be a great way to test and further my knowledge about gunsmithing as a hobby. I'm very rural and the closest gunsmith is a 2 hour drive from my home. Plus the last time he did some work, he installed a muzzle break that wasn't in line with the bore. The bullet would barely strike the comp upon exit. Not acceptable.
Badger 20 moa rail
CDI Precision trigger guard DBM
Badger Ordnance tactical bolt knob
B&C Medalist stock
Manson Tooling for barrel cutting and finishing
Barrel channel cutter
Here's a stock picture of the exact rifle.
First step was to get the stock ready. Free floating the barrel channel was a breeze. I only had to remove a small amount of material as the rifle barrel has a Thinner profile.
Next came the inletting for the action and DBM. I used a mill for the DBM inletting and a hand dremmel to get the stock ready for glass bedding. This is after the bedding job was completed.
As you can see I needed to spend a bit more time on the mill as my inletting job for the DBM needs some practice.