View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Bald_Guy View Post
Taking you at your word (since to do otherwise would short-circuit the discussion), as your experiences differ from mine, would you be open to at least the possibility that there's something about the attitude you project that steers your interactions in this direction?
Possible I suppose, but considering all of my interactions have never lead to a search, detainment, or arrest I would go towards highly unlikely.

| | | | | |
| | | |
| | | | | |o
| | | ^ |
| | | | | |x
| | | |
| | | | | |x
| | | |
| | | | | |

Above you will see a poorly made visual contruction of one of the last two times I have been pulled over. A total of four traffic lanes. The x's are police cars. The o is the car that was pulled over at the time(not me) I was travelling in the direction of the arrow. I saw the two police cars pulled over all the way to the curb on the right side of the right lane. In front of them was the car that they had pulled over. No one at that time was outside of their vehicles. I slowed down to roughly 10mph(speed limit here is 40mph) and cautiously went around the stopped vehicles.

Immediately after I cautiously passed the pulled over vehicles I see lights & sirens behind me. I pull over to the side thinking they must have somewhere else to go, but that was not the case. They stopped right behind me. The drivers side officer jumps out of his car, draws his sidearm, and approaches my car yelling. He yells at me "why the f**k did you go around that road block back there?" Since all of the cars I had passed were all the way over to the right of the road and there were 3 1/2 lanes plus the middle turn lane I was completely baffled. I asked "what road block? There was no road block."
The officer insisted that I had went around a police road block and he was going to have my driver license revoked for incompetence. He took my license and registration to go run it. Everything was clean, so I had nothing to worry about. He comes back stating that "I should just cut your license up right now" then makes the argument "what if we had been in a shoot out back there" I told him that I definitely wouldn't want to sit there while a shoot out was going on. Etc... either way no ticket, no arrest, no search.

I did have my firearm at my side at this time. There was no point at which I could have fit that in with any sort of positive results from it.

Last edited by xounlistedxox; 11-19-2012 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: attempting to fix the diagram