View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 8:44 PM
Calguns Addict

Her only realistic option is to move. Since he's an ex-LEO, he will be able to find out where she moves to as long as it's somewhere in the US, so she'll either have to move out of the country or to someplace in the US where it doesn't matter that he knows she's there -- a state with very strong self-protection laws and no real restrictions on carry.

Even after she moves, she'll need to buy a firearm and get very proficient in its use.

If she stays here, the outcome will be either that she winds up dead or she winds up being a convicted murderer. Because the guy's an ex-LEO, the chance of the mom winning the resulting criminal proceedings are likely to be very slim.

No, much better for her to get out now, while she still can. She'll otherwise likely either wind up dead or wind up in prison with a life sentence.
The Constitution is not "the Supreme Law of the Land, except in the face of contradicting law which has not yet been overturned by the courts". It is THE SUPREME LAW OF THE LAND, PERIOD. Your oath to uphold the Constitution is a joke unless you refuse to enforce unadjudicated laws you believe are Unconstitutional.

The real world laughs at optimism. And here's why.

I hope I end up having to donate another $1000 to CGF... However, this $500 is one I hope to not have to donate...