View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 6:09 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dantedamean View Post
Ok, this is getting tiring.

First, not what this thread is about at all. I don't know how to be any clearer. This is not posted in the general gun asking about the idea of doing this. It is posted in the legal section trying to talk about the legality and PC of LUCC.

Second, I've already addressed what your saying... Read before you post. Not constructive at all and not on topic,
Just because something is legal does not make that course of action WISE.

I've been witness to domestic violence issues. Your mom won't have any time to grab a set of keys, unlock a lockbox, load a mag, chamber a round, and shoot before the attacker lands a blow. Most attacks take place inside of 21 feet , and at that distance even a 65 year old man can cover the gap in 1.5 seconds. A 250lb guy tried to assault me from a distance of 21 feet last year, and I had to literally run backwards during the draw to keep distance. That's with a loaded pistol , safety off & a hot chamber!

In the remote event of a spree shooter, your mom is best advised to get the heck out of dodge as Plan #1. Im not trying to deflate your intentions, but the laws in your state are quite clear on the point that unlicensed people are not permitted to be armed with a ready to employ weapon!.

Note, theres a serious drawback to LUCC-and it is that the weapon cannot be physically controlled by the owner at all times. A gun on the hip that's concealed is mighty hard to seize. Purses and bags are stolen all the time, however.

And then we come to the social costs. Your mom's friends might wonder why she's carrying this locked box everywhere. Normal people don't carry black boxes with locks on them everywhere , and laypeople will not be impressed when she says it contains a weapon! Even a lie doesn't help, because a locked box is a natural object of curiosity.

All of that verbiage is to say, LUCC is like kissing your sister-you deal with serious drawbacks in exchange for a nigh-worthless benefit.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.