View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 1:57 PM
Calguns Addict

I think the trick for light recoil is an effective brake and an adjustable gas block so your action runs smooth.

I think the JP stuff goes light on the BCG so when it goes back in to battery it doesn't move things as much. As a side effect it makes your rifle lighter and it was easier to buy than a DPMS BCG that was out of stock everywhere.

The silent captured spring setup is cool and the best part is that it fits a carbine length buffer tube (AR15 length, not AR10 or A5 length) so it simplifies the stock selection process. For me that means an entry length stock is possible without finding a special shorty carbine buffer and I've got a spacer if rifle length turns out better.

Beside the fit of the silent captured spring setup, it actually works pretty well. The "sproing" noise is gone and the rifle is a lot less rattly when you shake it. It actually makes the rifle sound like an AK when you close the bolt. It seems silly but it's kind of like the noise a Mercedes Benz door closing says quality compared to a hollow sounding economy car door.

I haven't weighed the silent captured spring setup against a shorty buffer and spring but it can't weigh very much more and I'll live with the weight if it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklander
Dear Kevin,

You suck!!! Your are wrong!!! Stop it!!!
Proud CGF and CGN donor. SAF life member. Former CRPA member. Gpal beta tester (it didn't work). NRA member.