View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 7:57 AM

Originally Posted by jdberger View Post
Obvously, osokne and redhead were there. I'm sorry if I didn't recognize y'all. Faces and names aren't my strong point. Please come up and introduce yourself next time. I'm a bit shy and usually only talk to the people I know.
Yep, I was there, as was the Mrs. (she came a little late) who, while a member of Calguns, isn't very active on the site. We both had on our Calguns lapel pins. My apologies that I didn't approach, either... but I'm sure that at least some of you already know the reason for that. Then again, nobody approached me/us, either.

I did somewhat recognize some names, from both their Calguns screen name being close to their real name... and names from the Facebook page. A couple people I knew, already. Outside of that, there were many other Pro 2A folks I recognized, from PH, as well as Antioch, Martinez, Concord & WC. Surely, there were other cities represented, but those are the ones I knew, for sure.

I own my home in PH and have gone through the process of getting a Home Occupation Permit for conducting business, plus I was also there to gather intel and report back to other parties, which were unable to attend, whom this workshop directly effected. So, my attention & interest had a number of things to focus on, already.

Wishing I had either recorded and/or videoed the meeting. Some of the moments were priceless. I did have a still camera with me, but I overheard one of the city people telling someone that they were ask for no flash photography. So, I decided not to push my luck.

Agreeing with J.D. that we collectively Kicked *****. I think the antis are always surprised to see and hear well spoken, well dressed folks, from all walks of life, who stand up and resist their rhetoric. Well done, all.
"Improvise, Adapt and Overcome"
Mossberg 50577 (Modified)
SIG Sauer P220R
Savage 99 .300 svg
Beretta 92F
Ruger 10/22 - Misc. Volquartsen mods.
CZ550 American .30-06
Member - Diablo Rod & Gun Club