View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 7:59 PM
Cat-in-a-Box
CGN Contributor - Lifetime

welcome to the Ladies Forum! you've come to the right place to get our opinion....and i'm assuming you've searched the forum and/or read the stickie related to this topic at the top of the forum......

the best gun is the one she will practice with.
handle as many as she can in the gun shops.
is there one of yours that she likes? has she shot it at the range?
next after handling as many guns as possible she should be shooting as many different guns as possible. sometimes a pistol fits the hand well....until one shoots the thing.

i'm trying to remember but if i remember right a poster here didn't like the pistol you mentioned due to the recoil.

is she into revolvers or semi-autos? different beasts with different attributes as you well know. she needs to decide what is going to work for her.

thanks for asking for our feedback. i'm sure some of the other women will chime in as well.

oh, and congrats that your wife wants to do this....perhaps she'd also like to come and do some research and/or chat with us? just a suggestion.....at least while she's on the hunt for the perfect pistol for herself.....

i do not have a CCW but i do like revolvers. the .38/.357 is a great choice because she can practice with the .38's and carry the .357. going that route, though, make sure to get a metal revolver! the air/light weight revolvers are a pain in the hand due to recoil. even men complain about it. i shot one and almost didn't continue on with renting guns to try out due to the kick.

oh, and where do you guys live that its so easy to get a CCW?!

"Her hands, her comfort, her confidence, her choice.", Mr K re buying a gun for a woman.

Gun Control:
"The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound."-- as seen on a t-shirt