If I bought into every piece of propaganda I heard in a day, my head would explode.
I needed an NRA membership to join the gun club of my choice. A friend bought me a life membership as a gift. So I have it, and I take their information with a good bit of salt.
I am SO SICK of people telling me what to be afraid of. I lived through the Cuban Missile Crisis, and that set the bar for me.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY
• Do only safe sex. Never have sex with someone crazier than you are.
• Don't marry or move in together before you're both at least 25.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.