View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 1:05 PM
CGSSA Wine Country Chapt.
CGN Contributor

Look friend...

If you want to take care of your family, get an education and a degree(s) and a solid job in the civilian world. If you want a "rewarding" military style job, look into the Air Marshall's or Homeland security. Both could support a family, depending on where you live, and most importantly... have the highest probability of getting you home safe to your family.

I was a young mens youth advisor for many years. When asked about my time in the military, I responded with this...

"Whatever force you choose, make sure your choice prepares you for life beyond the military!"

Perhaps, just perhaps, you may find military life not to your liking. Take the opportunity get an education or learn a trade while in, that you may choose elsewhere.

I served 8 years in the USMC, doing a job I thought I would never do elsewhere. I have now almost 20 years in a field the utilizes the logistical training I received in the Marine Corps. Whoda thunkit?

All that being said....

No other branch IMHO beats the comradeship that the Marine Corps installs in you. That alone is reason for joining for some!

Good luck in your decision!

-- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by REDPATCHUSMC; 11-13-2012 at 1:07 PM..