- Hot chocolate with sea salt
- Crisp Fall days for trap shooting
- Weather cool enough to do Appleseed and IDPA classes
- Great top-down driving weather in the afternoons
- Unique golden light in the late afternoon
- Cool weather cooking: foods I don't cook in summer (meat loaf and baked potatoes, beef stew, home made chili, hand made bread)
- kitties cuddling to keep warm
- my favorite leather boots
- a handsome tweed jacket to shoot in
- catalog shopping the fall sales at midway and optics dot com
- planning monthly shoots in weather cool enough to pick up a gun
- wearing gloves at the range without getting funny looks
- digging out some cuddly sweaters, hiding my bathing suits
- dropping the kitties into piles of raked leave and watching them play
- hassling Savannah about why we're not at the range this afternoon shooting trap.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY
• Do only safe sex. Never have sex with someone crazier than you are.
• Don't marry or move in together before you're both at least 25.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.