View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 8:31 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg36f View Post
Getting back on track....

I think that this is where we as a community can fail ourselves. Leaping to the support of someone who's judgment is so flawed, their actions are so stupid and the decisions they make are so selfish that they don't deserve our support.

People here all the time jump on any LEO who says "let the facts come out" or "give him the benefit of the doubt" when a LEO does something, but think nothing of leaping to this guys support.

How is that much different?

I mean, supporting the really stupid actions of this guy just because he is a gun owner is like supporting someone who goes running into a cross walk when they just know that traffic is too close to stop. Hey, they had the “right of way”, right! Nothing they did could be considered wrong right…I mean…They had the right away,,,,screw common sense, screw good judgment….THEY HAD THE RIGHT OF WAY…They could do no wrong!!!

Blind loyalty is not always a good thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
We don't know that he did that yet, so in the interim, he gets defended...to a point. The loyalty is to the constitution, not the individual in a case like this.
From what I know about the circumstances, there exists no 'color' to the actions or behavior of the individual that would warrant concern either by the police or gun owning bretheren. (Unless you are of the persuasion that believes carrying any firearm in public is 'poor judgement' which is deserving of unlawful arrest and seizure...Then you would be perfectly justified in your latent hypocritical self-hating gun grabbing inclinations.)

Sometimes the law defends plunder and participates in it. Sometimes the law places the whole apparatus of judges, police, prisons and gendarmes at the service of the plunderers, and treats the victim -- when he defends himself -- as a criminal. Bastiat

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen.” Friedrich Nietzsche