View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 1:29 PM
I need a LIFE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyatollahGondola View Post
No, I wasn't as active in 249 as other bills. It wasn't a hill we had staked out. But Steinberg is a manipulator. He seldom votes on anything until the last, so he can use his position to try and coerce whomever for concessions, favors, possibly even contributions. Inserting himself on that is not surprising, nor necessarily attributable to a factor you allude to.
Except when it is, like here.

Quote:
Time might tell here. If the legislature picks up more beholden democrats, I'd be worried that more legislation along the 249 line will be served up. That might amplify if prop 30 passes too. I don't believe they fear the gun lobby, or gun owners like they did years ago.
I don't disagree that the Legislature doesn't fear the gun lobby; however, I seek to evolve the gun lobby. We don't have the benefit of a magic 8 ball and there's no way to know how our evolution will positively affect California gun politics in the next decade. One thing is for certain, however, and that's the "same old same old" gun lobby methods are nearly useless. If our only real and consistent play is defensive, then lets build a better defense.

-Brandon

I do not read private messages, and my inbox is usually full. If you need to reach me, please email me instead.

My comments are not the official position or a statement of any organization unless stated otherwise. My comments are not legal advice; if you want or need legal advice, hire a lawyer.