View Single Post
Old 11-02-2012, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious View Post
I hear ya. My buddy used to just tote his Scandium J-frame around and after he got some time on the job, he went with his on duty BUG, the G27. Said he didn't feel good about the J-frame anymore after hearing enough stories.

I had a too close for comfort, off duty encounter one time with a belligerent, drunk gangbanger who was causing a scene while I was out picking up something at a liquor store. He kept mentioning he had a gun to another customer who was ignoring him and the turd kept getting louder. I had my LCP on me at the time and I moved to a tactical vantage point but the whole time, I didn't feel very confident about the little 380 with only 6 shots. Luckily, the turd just left without any further problems.

After that, I switched to a pocket 9mm. Felt a lot better. Feeling confident in your weapon is a huge part of it.
At least you had your 380 with 6 shots. I'm shocked nowa days to hear young officers and deputies that simply do not carry a weapon off duty. I always discourage newer guys from going anywhere whithout their "Roscoe."

On a side note......

I tell those that don't carry a gun off duty that to at least leave their police I.D. at home as well. Lest they or anyone else fail to take heed the sad lesson learned by fallen off duty Deputy, Shane York. York carried his LEO I.D on his person, yet didn't bother to pack heat. A take-over robbery ensued at a hair salon where he was waiting for his Fiancee. The robbery suspects took everybody's wallets and they discovered York's LE I.D. The suspects then murdered him "execution style" to the back of the head.

Fortunately, his Fiancee was not murdered as well. At the time she too was a deputy sheriff for either Riverside or L.A., I don't remember now. Anyway, she also did not have her off duty weapon with her when she witnessed her fiancee's murder. Fortunately, the suspects fled the store before checking her LE I.D. Otherwise, they might have killed two cops that day.

My views:

-I hate being bipolar its awesome.

-Life member, NRA
-10mm. Because .45ACP just doesn't cut it anymore.
-Hold my beer. Watch this.