View Single Post
Old 10-29-2012, 6:50 PM

Originally Posted by yzernie View Post
Long story short...I was supposed to retire in March of this year but a wording flaw in the divorce paperwork from my first wife required me to go back to the ex for a modification. She initially agreed but then changed her mind just days before my retirement date. That required me to go back to court and seek the modification via a magistrate. It was a 50/50 proposition but worth the effort.

Went to court last week and went in front of the judge. In a county that is historically pro woman in divorce matters we WON on every amendment brought forth. The feeling of victory has never been better...well, except for my three OIS's!!!

So, I have everything done at the Board of Retirement and awaiting their word on an end date. If the department is lucky they will have me for another 10 working days (three actual weeks) and then a HUGE adios...never having to worry about the stresses related to this job again.

To mimic that commercial, "Oh, what a feeling"!!!!!!
Congratulations! I have another 10 years to go until I can retire. Just take good care of yourself, and stay healthy so you can have the kind of retirementbyou deserve.

"If you expect logic associated with California law, it will only make your head hurt.." - Ron-Solo, 2013