A True Friend
I got this from one of my true friends, added a few thoughts and wanted to share this around the table.
TRUE FRIENDS don't care when you’re broke, being a b****, what you weigh, if your house is a mess or whether your roots are showing. They don't care what you drive, about your past or if your family is filled with crazy people. They take your secrets to the grave and tenderly wipe your tears. They will tolerate your politics and your dog, and love your children and your cat. Sometimes you've known them for years, sometimes you have just met. Your conversations pick up where they left off, even if it has been months (or years) apart.
They love you…for who you truly are.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY
• Do only safe sex. Never have sex with someone crazier than you are.
• Don't marry or move in together before you're both at least 25.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.