Is there anyone familiar with academies on East Bay?
Hi, I am currently a college senior interesting in POST next year after graduation. There are three academies near me:
- Oakland Police Department Academy
- Contra Costa County Office of the Sheriff Law Enforcement Training Center
- Alameda County Sheriff's Office Academy Regional Training Center
I have read the websites of all three, but still have a few questions:
I know that each academy is slightly different in requirement and course outline, probably culture as well.
- How are the differences of total hour requirement? I know minimum POST is near 700, but seems that each academy is different.
- How are the PT programs different? I heard that CoCo one has frequently long runs?
-Is there miscellaneous things I should know about (but not listed on websites) before applying?
- Do you guys recommend one over another academy?