View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cactuscooler View Post
I'm in the San Diego area. It doesn't seem like its just my group of friends, my friends cousin tried to join the Coast Guard he had to retake the asvab ( got below a 50) and allowed him to take it again. Then he got a 54 and told him they raised the AFQT to 55!

I'm not picky either. I'm not one of those guys that's obsesses over all the MOS's I told the recruiter I wanted 11B. I know some people start asking for some crazy unrealistic MOS's and wont sign a contract with a recruiter until a slot opens up.
Coast guard raised the active duty asvab requirements to 65. While the branches are downsizing they are still taking a lot of waivers. I talk to army guys at my base and alOt I them say they got in easily after getting tired of waiting on airforce openings. Good thing is guard gets priority over AIT dates so you should get in fairly quick. I know when I was in DEP in the airforce national guard they made it a point to have me gone for BMT in no more than 4 months from the day I signed in.

I can't tell you not to go 11B because I've never done it so I have no right to say, I will say however that the army I really good about letting you pick your job before you leave so you shouldn't have to settle for anything you don't want or aren't ready to do.