View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 8:17 AM
Calguns Addict

October is good because it is a new fiscal year. If he was short on his numbers then September would be his push.

You have a lousy recruiter. The Marines wined and dined me in high school but just did not have a job I liked. The recruiters should hold your hand all the way through the process.

Dunno about 11B though. Check out your ASVAB scores. I was told I could have any job I wanted. Go for the ones that will challenge you. Go with In-Flight Missile Repairman if you have the scores for it. Not many 11B jobs in the civilian world.

I just had a buddy lose his clearance for failure to disclose a part of his past. Now he is fighting to get it back or else he is out. It was a harmless omission, he simply thought "Oh I do not need to tell them something so insignificant." One of MY assignments in a past unit was to review everyone's clearance applications. I got the job because I was cleared even after answering YES to some of the HAVE YOU EVER? questions. You want to give them more than they need, show them you have nothing to hide.

If all else fails, try another branch. The Air Force recruiter had no time for me and I ended up going Army.