View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 1:41 AM

Well, you didn't insult me. I have a disorder similar to MS. Yes, there are things I can't do...not won't do but can't do....like run, walk over 75 feet without having to sit down. Can't was never in my vocabulary before this illness happened. However, I did lose 32lbs simply by eating 1200 calories a day and that was without exercise since treadmills are out, jogging, walking etc. It is possible to lose weight without kick boxing or running a marathon. I worked with a nutritionalist and she was amazed that I was losing 2lbs a week with no exercise. I am sure there are a few people on this board that have their own story of some disorders that makes it virtually impossible to do what a healthy person can do no matter how badly you want to do these things that you once did so easily. No excuses, that is just how it is and it took me a long time to come to grips with that situation.

I loved guns before I was diagnosed and one reason I got my CHL was because I got this disorder. I can't run from the bad guys. I am easily thrown off balance so I have to stand my ground. If the world goes crazy, I will stand my ground in my home. There will not be hiking in the woods to get away from the craziness. Here is where I will make my stand. Where would you go anyway?

Now back to the AR. I picked one for my needs...good quality but not heavy. I picked one with a light weight barrel and had all the furniture replaced with magpul products and it is very functional but weight was taken off of it so it is managable for me. All my hand guns are bought with that in mind. You will never see me with a 50 cal Desert Eagle.

So pick your AR carefully - adjust to your needs and you will love that gun.

I love mine..................

Last edited by vision1214; 10-22-2012 at 1:45 AM..