View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCop View Post
Alot of you suggest support side carry instead of strong side. What is the advantage of support side?
As already stated, if I have my strong side hand clamped on the butt of the gun to keep it inside the holster while some turd is trying to get it, my support hand is going inside the pocket to get the backup gun to shoot him to prevent that from happening.

Or if I am shooting my primary and it jams, I drop my support hand immediately to grab the backup gun so I can have it asap... my primary might still be in my right hand but I am not messing around and will want immediate access.

Also, and this is what I do the most and the most frequent use of the off side pocket carry for me, and it gives me a nice and warm and fuzzy feeling, is that when I am on a contact or backing someone up, and I feel the need to do so, I will have my support hand in my pocket, with a firm grip on the gun, ready to pull out to use immediately, but to the outside world, it just looks like I have my off hand in my pocket. Useful when you want to maintain a low key appearance but ready to go at a moment's notice, faster than you can get to your main gun sometimes.