View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 9:57 PM

Hey Schlyme, I also attended this event. Too bad you couldn't make it on Sunday as there was a ton of shooting, and even some really fun team-type competitions. I shoot some highpower so I did okay groupwise, but was not happy with my consistency as I had a hard time getting used to the string of fire and time limits. Suffice to say that I made plenty of errors.

Those targets sure are small huh? Especially those one inch squares. I have very poor vision so I could just barely see the smallest targets. I had to really focus on the front site - and when my eyes got tired, the target would grey out on me. I had to really rely on my position and natural point of aim. The one inch squares work out to 4 moa, and I have never shot at something that small. I am used to aiming at a 6.5 moa bull.

The instructors were great as were the attendees. Anyone that shoots a rifle should attend an Appleseed. It's very difficult to find this type of instruction and then immediately apply what you have just been taught by firing 400+ rounds. I plan to attend again with one of my kids.