View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 2:36 PM
Calguns Addict

A prohibited area defined elsewhere in statute is anyplace where the discharge of firearms is not authorized. I would take the position solely for the sake of the argument that discharge, other than legitimate self defense, is not permitted off the range itself. As the range is, by the OPs description in a place open to the public, in an unincorporated portion of a county and it can be inferred that recreational discharge would not be authorized where he was at the time, then presumptively the check is within scope.

Again, there aren't a full set of facts here in this thread but the argument can be made that 25850(b) was correctly in play.

Carrying the cases equals on the person as the cases are under the direct control of the person carrying them. I'm pretty certain that there is case law to that effect as I recall my training.
-- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

Last edited by BigDogatPlay; 10-10-2012 at 2:42 PM..