Zombie, I'm sure you're getting good advice from your teachers, but in your position, I'd try to learn to shoot right-handed right-eyed. I say this because I think its more important to see the target well, than to use your dominant eye. Assuming you're willing to close one eye.
Easy for me to say: I'm left handed and right eyed and shoot righty, but switching to left hand or left eye doesn't seem to make a big difference. I practice all four combinations, with a handgun.
One of my mentors told me "You don't always have good cover on your left side. Learn to shoot with both hands and both eyes. You may not be perfect with your off-hand or or off-eye, but you don't always get to pick your shot."
Lots of lefties are ambidextrous to some degree. I shoot different grouping shapes with each combination, how weird. But as long as I hit the target well, I don't care.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY
• Do only safe sex. Never have sex with someone crazier than you are.
• Don't marry or move in together before you're both at least 25.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Last edited by BonnieB; 10-10-2012 at 10:38 AM..