What the heck is a C3? or, the spirit of volunteerism
I'm starting a thread here, to talk about what Calguns C3's are, to ask other women to offer to be C3's, and for the C3's to chat about family or women's events, etc. This thread is for all of California, not just Sacramento.
C3's are "Calguns.net Community Co-ordinators". The people who take the lead in organizing local events, shows, shoots, parties, getting the word out to the community, you name it. It's a volunteer thing, you work on events when you are able, etc.
I've just volunteered to be a C3 (in Sacramento). Partly because I want more regular shooting events than we have here and I want to meet other CGNers. Also I have the time and energy. And partly because Lazyme, bless him, was carrying the flag all alone. I've also volunteered to work the Calguns booth at the November Sacramento Gun Show.
I've learned that there are a few C3's who are women, but I invite you others to volunteer, knowing that you have lives and other obligations. If you can volunteer for a single event, but can't do it on a regular basis, that's cool too.
If you post questions here, or ideas for events or want to volunteer, we'll try to make sure the right people read them.
WHAT I HAVE LEARNED SO FAR, MOSTLY THE HARD WAY
• Do only safe sex. Never have sex with someone crazier than you are.
• Don't marry or move in together before you're both at least 25.
• Don't have children until you're married five years or at least age 30.
• Put 10% of your salary into savings every month no matter how broke you are.
• Don't ever screw around with the IRS.
• Keep a handgun on your bedside table.
• Don't smart-mouth judges, or cops who stop you on the road.
Last edited by BonnieB; 10-06-2012 at 1:31 PM..