View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 8:24 AM

In My Opinion, if you go to a BIG BOX store that sells everything or almost everything sports related and expect to find knowledgeable reps behind the guns and ammo counter, you're fooling yourself and get exactly what you shouldn't be expecting. Expert professional advice.

At the BIG BOX stores what you get is sales service reps young enough to be your kids! College aged and or totally unfamiliar with the specialty sport of guns, shooting, re loading and ammo. PERIOD! If you seek knowledgeable persons to assist you and or answer your specific questions, go to a locally owned and operated gun shop. As you have done in the past.

Let's just hope the BIG BOX stores of this kind do not run the local gun shops out of business.... If such happens, then where will you go to get professional advice, assistance and expertise????? Patronize your local gun shops.

Turners and other BIG BOX stores like it have there place in the retail market arena. Providing you are aware of what to expect when you go. I've been to several of them myself. But never to seek any specific advice. That's where the small time local retail gun shops come in. Usually where the owner is very likely to be on site and in store, knows the value of having a professional sale staff behind the counter and able to provide professional sales and or advice....

My Two Cents....

Last edited by Center Fire; 09-29-2012 at 8:30 AM..