View Single Post
Old 09-25-2012, 9:35 AM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonnieB View Post
Isn't 'buying the wife a gun' a thinly disguised fiction husbands/boyfriends use?

I think they do it to
  1. get the new gun they want,
  2. get her to the range to shoot with,
  3. get her to the range so she can say she doesn't like it,
  4. get the new gun they want and lots of range time without static or
  5. a sincere belief that they just know what's best.
Why do men do this?

Do they think they're being helpful? Do they later find that all they're doing is making their ladies mad and wasting money?
Before I wear out my welcome here, ill answer your question with two words:
"What If".

I am a biracial military vet who lifts and works out weekly. Yet I carry a gun concealed. Why? Because if the bad guy has a gun and I don't, im toast.

That is the philosophical foundation for why we carry, and is also why men go to absurd means to ensure their women be armed.If its unwise for military vets like me to walk about unarmed, then what of the young woman with a fraction of the strength? In my last relationship, every news article about a young woman getting raped or shot brought up an uncomfortable truth.WHAT IF my girl ran into a scumbag and she's unarmed? My last gf tolerated guns for my sake, but candidly speaking she hated them. It didn't change the fact that if she encountered a scumbag and I wasn't around, she'd be another statistic-and its a hard cross to bear knowing that there are Evil People in the world, and you can't protect her 24/7.

That's a bitter pill to accept for a man.Like a woman with a sick child, the concept of an unprotected mate is like a splinter in the ethical man's mind. Until the woman's protected a man can feel like he's failing in his responsibility to her.

Thus, rest assured that a man buying his woman a gun may seem to be macho bluster, but at the core of things he just wants his woman to come home safe and unharmed from a hostile and dangerous world. Of course, there is a right and a wrong way to do things-and save for this forum, there are few places for a man to discover what the right way is with regard to properly arming his mate.

The 1911 may have been in wars for 100 years, but Masetro Bartolomeo Beretta was arming the world 400 years before John Browning was ever a wet dream.

Last edited by SilverTauron; 09-25-2012 at 9:41 AM..