View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 1:19 PM
Calguns Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by elx144 View Post
I just got mine from Big 5. So far I've taken it apart and lubed the sear and bolt thoroughly along with running some patches down the barrel. I racked the bolt a bunch of times while it was lubed to try and break off any burs. It seems a lot smoother now, I can't wait to fire it. My Tech-sights should be waiting for me when I get home. I'll follow up with some pictures once I have everything together.

One question, is it legal to bend the transfer bar that prevents trigger pulls when a magazine isn't in?
There may be over spray of paint inside the receiver. That is probably what you have smoothed out by working the action. Many people suggest taking a scrub pad to the inside of the receiver and cleaning out that paint. Personally I just let the parts polish together from shooting it.

Yes it is legal to defeat the magazine disconnect.
Just bend the Magazine Disconnect bar's tab up which will remove the pressure on the transfer bar.
The above is not legal advice. It is just something you read from some dude on the internet. It does not reflect the opinion of Calguns.net. If it seems rude it was probably meant to read sarcastically.

Marlin 795 MEGATHREAD Part Deuce
Featureless Rifle Build Guide - Now over 100 Muzzle Devices!