View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:52 PM

Default My recent experience with Palmetto customer service

I thought I would share my recent experience with Palmetto. I have been dealing with:

Brian Livingston
Customer Service Rep.
803 788 9095
200 Business Park Blvd.
Columbia, SC 29203

I placed an order yesterday afternoon for 1k rounds of .40 S&W and 1.5K rounds of CCI AR Tactical .22lr.

A few hours after I placed the order I started an email string with them as seen below:

ME: Hello, I decided I wanted to try a few different kinds of .22 ammo instead of loading up on one type. Is it too late to cancel this order so I can make a few changes? Thanks

While sitting at my computer a few hours later, this email came in:

BRIAN: I can cancel the order sir but it will be subject to a 10% processing fee. Please let me know how you wish to proceed. Thank you.

Immediately following this email, I sent an email asking them if I can make changes to my existing order rather than canceling my order and placing a new one.

It's now over 48 hours later, I never heard back from him or anyone else. I sent a couple more messages just to ask if there is anything that can be done before the order ships and to prompt for a reply and still nothing. I recently got an email with my final invoice and tracking numbers for my order. I tracked my order and it is indeed on the way now. So, they shipped the order without following up with me.

Now, I'm not blaming Palmetto for this order. I should have gotten it right the first time I placed the order. I also understand that there are rules that they must follow. If the rule is charge someone 10% restocking fee, ok, I understand that they must follow rules. I also understand that there might have been an unusual circumstance and Brian might not have had the ability to follow up with me again. Maybe they are extremely busy right now and don't have the man power to go around making changes to everyones order…ok…whatever.

For me, I like to deal with companies that go the extra mile to help their customers and make sure they are happy. Marshall at Primary Arms is a great example of this. I placed an order with him recently and he went above and beyond to make sure I ordered exactly what I wanted.

If I had to do it all over again, I probably would have called them. I live in Europe right now so it's a little difficult for me to call the US but I would have done that. If I knew that I was not going to hear back at all from them and they were going to ship out my order before we finished discussing this order, a phone call would have been my first action. I guess I just didn't expect it because Brian emailed me and never asked me to call him to straighten it out.

I'm not sure if I will be ordering from Palmetto again or not but I sure wish they had stepped up, especially when I was going to order more ammo from them than I had originally purchased. I'll make my final decision based on how they handle this post.